Learning how to calm a hyper dog becomes urgent if the dog is destructive, anxious or fearful. They may also be problematic with behaviors like jumping on house guests, not settling down, getting overexcited or exhibiting excessively high energy. In this post, I’ll give you links to two free tutorials from Professional Dog Trainer, Doggy Dan on dealing with a hyper dog, plus I’ll refer you to his training program specifically for hyper dogs. You’ll be glad you found this!
How to Calm a Hyper Dog
First I’ll tell you about Doggy Dan’s training program that I think is the fastest, easiest way to get ahold of your dog’s behavior regardless of the cause. Doggy Dan is a Professional Dog Trainer and Behavioral Specialist. He has developed a dog training program called, The Dog Calming Code, which is particularly effective for hyperactive dogs. It’s easy to follow and inexpensive.
It’s very likely that your dog DOES NOT NEED MORE TRAINING. The solution is actually far simpler than that.
It’s easy once you DISCOVER HOW TO COMMUNICATE with your dog and provide a loving, supportive relationship with your pooch.
Doggy Dan’s training program, The Dog Calming Code will help you focus in on THE ONE THING that you may be missing that has helped him successfully train over 37,000 dogs.
How The Dog Calming Code Will Calm Your Hyperactive Dog
1. Sets Up a New, Health Relationship Between You and Your Dog. Setting up a healthy relationship with your dog is one of the most important things you can do as a dog owner—and The Dog Calming Code will teach you how to do just that. When you get this right, EVERYTHING ELSE FALLS INTO PLACE.
2. Makes Training Easier. Once you’ve got The Dog Calming Code in place and a solid relationship set up, you’ll find your dog is LISTENING to you, wanting to FOLLOW your lead and TAKE DIRECTION.
- 3. The Dog Calming Code is Totally Instinctive to Dogs. Meaning? It’s dog training that actually MAKE SENSE TO YOUR DOG! You’ll be able to communicate with your dog in a way that they will immediately understand. You’ll be speaking your dog’s language, which is the easiest, most effective way of training your dog.
4. The Dog Calming Code Builds Tolerance. Your dog will not be reacting when something exciting suddenly occurs, like a person approaching, a child playing, a squirrel running, a friend coming over for a visit, or another dog approaching. These things will be far less likely to set your dog off.
5. The result of The Dog Calming Code is a Calm Dog. Soon after putting The Dog Calming Code in place, you’ll notice that your dog is generally far calmer. That’s because your dog is now focused, watching and listening to YOU. He’ll be able to switch off, not be so alert and anxious, and be much calmer and HAPPIER about life. This stops your dog from being hyper.
Help for Dog Anxiety
If you think your dog may be suffering from anxiety, I encourage you to read Doggy Dan’s tutorial called, 5 Methods for Helping Rescue Dogs Overcome Anxiety. He wrote it as part of his rescue dog series, but the information and tips apply to any dog suffering from anxiety.
Dogs with High Energy
If you feel your dog isn’t necessarily hyperactive or suffering from dog anxiety but rather just super high energy, you may benefit from Doggy Dan’s free tutorial called, How to Settle a Dog Who’s Always Busy. In this tutorial, Doggy Dan gives 4 tips for dealing with high energy dogs.
Who is Doggy Dan?
Doggy Dan is a Professional Dog Trainer and Behavioral Specialist, and the creator of the dog training website, TheOnlineDogTrainer.com. The site has more than 300 videos where you get to see Doggy Dan working with dogs and their owners. He offers a $1 three-day trial to the website and a monthly membership for $37. It’s been my #1 recommendation for dog training for more than seven years because it is effective and affordable. You can read my full review here.
I Donate to Animal Charities
Thank you for visiting my website. I donate 10% of my earnings on this website to animal charities. You can see a list of the charities I donate to here. If you like this website, please share it with your friends – every article and every purchase helps animals! Debra
One thought on “How to Calm a Hyper Dog”
I’d want to express my gratitude to you for writing this helpful and informative piece on how to settle a hyper dog. I consider this to be a very significant post for me. Due to the fact that I have two dogs. You have provided some helpful advice in this article. I most certainly do what they say. Continue to publish in the same manner. I most certainly will share this.