Dogs who exhibit fear aggression are usually using aggression as a form of self-defense toward their owner, other people, animals or sometimes even objects. If a dog feels threatened, they’ll usually use body language to drive whatever, or whomever, they see as a threat away. But if the dog is really afraid, it might turn into actual aggression. Whether you understand why your dog is afraid doesn’t matter. Fact is, they are. So much so that they feel they have to be aggressive.
Symptoms of Fear Aggression in Dogs
According to WagWalking.com, dog fear aggression symptoms may include:
- Nipping or biting
- Flattened ears
- Trying to escape
- Excessive barking or whining
- Excessive yawning
- Lowering their head
- Licking their face or nose
- Turning eyes up to show whites of their eyes
- Acting timid
- Putting their tail between their legs
While these are some common symptoms of fear aggression, a fearful dog may act aggressively without showing any of these symptoms.
Fear Aggression Dog Training
Professional Dog Trainer and Behavioral Specialist, Doggy Dan (owner of the dog training website, TheOnlineDogTrainer.com) has developed a dog training program called, The Dog Calming Code, which is particularly effective for stopping dog fear aggression, regardless of the cause. It’s easy to follow and inexpensive.
Solving fear aggression in dogs starts with helping your dog to trust you and see you as the one in charge. Doing this is seriously the most loving thing you’ll ever do for your dog! It’s super effective in calming dogs down, stopping dog aggression and eliminating the reasons why your dog may be fearful to begin with.
Here’s the good news…
It’s very likely that your dog DOES NOT NEED MORE TRAINING. The solution is actually far simpler than that.
It’s easy once you DISCOVER HOW TO COMMUNICATE with your dog and provide a loving, supportive relationship with your dog.
Doggy Dan’s training program, The Dog Calming Code will help you focus in on THE ONE THING that you may be missing that has helped him successfully train over 37,000 dogs.
What The Dog Calming Code Will Do for You and Your Dog
1. Sets Up a New, Health Relationship Between You and Your Dog. Setting up a healthy relationship with your dog is one of the most important things you can do as a dog owner—and The Dog Calming Code will teach you how to do just that. When you get this right, EVERYTHING ELSE FALLS INTO PLACE.
2. Makes Training Easier. Once you’ve got The Dog Calming Code in place and a solid relationship set up, you’ll find your dog is LISTENING to you, wanting to FOLLOW your lead and TAKE DIRECTION.
- 3. The Dog Calming Code is Totally Instinctive to Dogs. Meaning? It’s dog training that actually MAKE SENSE TO YOUR DOG! You’ll be able to communicate with your dog in a way that they will immediately understand. You’ll be speaking your dog’s language, which is the easiest, most effective way of training your dog.
4. The Dog Calming Code Builds Tolerance. Your dog will not be reacting when something exciting suddenly occurs, like a person approaching, a child playing, a squirrel running, a friend coming over for a visit, or another dog approaching. These things will be far less likely to set your dog off.
5. The result of The Dog Calming Code is a Calm Dog. Soon after putting The Dog Calming Code in place, you’ll notice that your dog is generally far calmer. That’s because your dog is now focused, watching and listening to YOU. He’ll be able to switch off, not be so alert and anxious, and be much calmer and HAPPIER about life. This stops your dog from being fearful and aggressive.
Who is Doggy Dan?
Doggy Dan is a Professional Dog Trainer and Behavioral Specialist, and the creator of the dog training website, The Online Dog Trainer. The site has more than 300 videos where you get to see Doggy Dan working with dogs and their owners. He offers a $1 three-day trial to the website and a monthly membership for $37. It’s been my #1 recommendation for dog training for more than seven years because it is effective and affordable. You can read my full review here.
I Donate to Animal Charities
Thank you for visiting my website. I donate 10% of my earnings on this website to animal charities. You can see a list of the charities I donate to here. If you like this website, please share it with your friends – every article and every purchase helps animals! Debra