Professional Dog Trainer and Behavioral Specialist, Doggy Dan (owner of the dog training website, TheOnlineDogTrainer.com) has developed a dog training program called, The Dog Calming Code, which is particularly effective for shelter and rescue dogs. It’s easy to follow and inexpensive. In this post, we’ll discuss this program and at the end of the post I’ll provide you with several free rescue dog training tutorials from Doggy Dan.
Rescue and shelter dogs can be trained the same as any other dog. But sadly, these dogs often have had things in their background such as neglect, abuse or abandonment. This makes time, patience, proper socialization and understanding crucial for training a shelter or rescue dog.
The best way to train any dog, regardless of their age or background, is to understand WHY the dog is behaving the way they are, then learning to communicate with the dog in a way they’ll understand and respond to. It’s the simplest, most effective and fastest way to change your dog’s behavior.
The good news is…
It’s very likely that your dog DOES NOT NEED MORE TRAINING. The solution is actually far simpler than that.
It’s easy once you DISCOVER HOW TO COMMUNICATE with your dog and provide a loving, supportive relationship with your pooch.
Doggy Dan’s training program, The Dog Calming Code will help you focus in on THE ONE THING that you may be missing that has helped him successfully train over 37,000 dogs.
How The Dog Calming Code Will Help You and Your Dog
Here’s what The Dog Calming Code will do for you and your dog:
1. Sets Up a New, Health Relationship Between You and Your Dog. Setting up a healthy relationship with your dog is one of the most important things you can do as a dog owner—and The Dog Calming Code will teach you how to do just that. When you get this right, EVERYTHING ELSE FALLS INTO PLACE.
2. Makes Training Easier. Once you’ve got The Dog Calming Code in place and a solid relationship set up, you’ll find your dog is LISTENING to you, wanting to FOLLOW your lead and TAKE DIRECTION.
- 3. The Dog Calming Code is Totally Instinctive to Dogs. Meaning? It’s dog training that actually MAKE SENSE TO YOUR DOG! You’ll be able to communicate with your dog in a way that they will immediately understand. You’ll be speaking your dog’s language, which is the easiest, most effective way of training your dog.
4. The Dog Calming Code Builds Tolerance. Your dog will stop reacting aggressively or getting upset when something alarming suddenly occurs, like a child playing, a squirrel running, a friend coming over for a visit, or another dog approaching. All of these things will be far less likely to set your dog off.
5. The result of The Dog Calming Code is a Calm Dog. Soon after putting The Dog Calming Code in place, you’ll notice that your dog is generally far calmer. That’s because your dog is now focused, watching and listening to YOU. He’ll be able to switch off, and be much calmer and HAPPIER about life. This is the most kind, loving thing you can do for shelter and rescue dogs – communicate with them in a way they can understand.
For More Help with Rescue Dogs
Doggy Dan has a series of free tutorials that will provide more help with your rescue dog. I hope these help!
Who is Doggy Dan?
Doggy Dan is a Professional Dog Trainer and Behavioral Specialist, and the creator of the dog training website, TheOnlineDogTrainer.com. The site has more than 300 videos where you get to see Doggy Dan working with dogs and their owners.
Doggy Dan is famous for “Doggy Dan’s 5 Golden Rules,” which are the foundation of his dog training philosophy. These are 5 simple exercises you can incorporate into your dog’s daily routine which result in a calm, obedient, perfectly-behaved dog. This has been my #1 recommendation for dog training for more than seven years because it’s effective and affordable. You can read my full review here.
I Donate to Animal Charities
Thank you for visiting my website. I donate 10% of my earnings on this website to animal charities. You can see a list of the charities I donate to here. If you like this website, please share it with your friends – every article and every purchase helps animals! Debra