Calming an aggressive dog requires patience, consistency, and most importantly, proper dog training. Professional Dog Trainer and Behavioral Specialist, Doggy Dan (owner of the dog training website, TheOnlineDogTrainer.com) has developed a dog training program called, The Dog Calming Code, specifically to calm aggressive dogs. It’s easy to follow, inexpensive, and super effective.
WATCH MY VIDEO
First, if you think your dog is a danger to people or other animals, your first priority has to be safety for yourself and others, as well as for the dog. Do these things right away:
1. If your dog is aggressive in any way, make sure they are on a leash or harness whenever they are outside the house or yard. Don’t trust that you can control their aggressive behavior.
2. Try to determine what trigger’s your dog’s aggression. Perhaps it’s a specific person, other animal, or children. Understanding what triggers the aggression is helpful in preventing it.
3. Let your veterinarian know that your dog is exhibiting aggressive behavior. Sometimes dog aggression can have an underlying cause such as anxiery, fear or even medical issues. A dog who is in pain, for example, is likely to show aggressive behavior.
4. Get professional help. My #1 recommendation for getting control of your dog’s aggression is The Dog Calming Code. It will quickly calm your dog and stop the aggressiion.
The Dog Calming Code is an easy-to-follow dog training technique that consists of 5 exercises to incorporate into your dog’s daily routine. The purpose of the 5 exercises is to get your dog to see you as the pack leader. Stepping up as pack leader for your dog relieves the dog from thinking THEY have to be the pack leader. A dog who thinks they have to be the pack leader is the #1 cause of dog aggression (and most other bad dog behaviors, actually!)
The Dog Calming Code will provide the following results for you and your dog:
1. Sets Up a New, Healthy Relationship Between You and Your Dog. Setting up a healthy relationship with your dog is one of the most important things you can do as a dog owner. When you get this right, EVERYTHING ELSE FALLS INTO PLACE.
2. Makes Training Your Dog Easier. Once you’ve got The Dog Calming Code in place and a solid relationship set up, you’ll find your dog is LISTENING to you, wanting to FOLLOW your lead and TAKE DIRECTION.
3. The Dog Calming Code is Totally Instinctive to Dogs. This is dog training that actually MAKES SENSE TO YOUR DOG! You’ll be able to communicate with your dog in a way that they will immediately understand. You’ll be speaking your dog’s language, which is the easiest, most effective way of training your dog and stopping dog aggression.
4. The Dog Calming Code Builds Tolerance. Your dog will not be reacting when something alarming suddenly occurs, like a child playing, a squirrel running, or a friend coming over for a visit. These things will be far less likely to set your dog off.
5. The result of The Dog Calming Code is a Calm Dog. Soon after putting The Dog Calming Code in place, you’ll notice that your dog is generally far calmer. That’s because your dog is now focused, watching and listening to YOU. They’ll be able to switch off, not be so alert and anxious, and be much calmer and HAPPIER about life.
Doggy Dan is the creator of the dog training website, TheOnlineDogTrainer.com. The site has more than 300 videos where you get to see Doggy Dan working with dogs and their owners. He offers a $1 three-day trial to the website and a monthly membership for $37. It’s been my #1 recommendation for dog training for more than seven years because it is effective and affordable. You can read my full review here.