In this video, we’ll talk about how to get a dog to stop eating poop, specifically why they do it, and how to stop it. Whether the dog is eating his own poop, other dogs’ poop, or cat poop, this video will help you understand the reasons why dogs eat poop and ways to get them to stop! Thanks for watching! Debra
To read the article discussed in the video, click here:
To sign up for the $1 trial offer with The Online Dog Trainer, click here:
To sign up for the free mini course from TrainPetDog.com, click here:
To subscribe to my Dog Lovers email list (you’ll receive 5 free dog training videos from Doggy Dan), click here:
Why Dogs Eat Poop and How to Stop It
Dogs eating poop is truly disgusting. I know, because I’ve experienced it. I also had a mini doxy who ate cat poop from the litter box!
Why Do Dogs Eat Poop?
Here are some possibilities:
- The dog is hungry
- The dog has a vitamin or mineral deficiency
- The dog has been taught to eat poop (ie, by an owner who pushed his face into it when he was being housebroken)
- The dog has a parasite infestation
These possibilities are discussed in the video above, and are the first things you should consider when trying to figure out why your dog is eating poop.
How Do You Get Your Dog to Stop Eating Poop?
- Give him a daily multivitamin
- Make sure he’s getting enough to eat
- Take him to the vet to make sure he isn’t having a parasite issue or other medical problem
- Clean up the poop so it’s not there for him to eat!
I hope this article and video have helped you with this very disgusting, yet very serious issue. Dogs eating poop can be harmful to their health, so it’s important that you get it solved. Please feel free to comment below with questions or feedback. Thanks so much for visiting! Debra